3.7.10

Alexander Mcqueen Resort 2011

In my very first set of blog posts before, I've made a post about McQueen and his last collection. Alexander Mcqueen , as a brand, is one of my favourites when it comes to aesthetics and vision. It's whimsical and imaginative. Now that he's gone (rest in peace, Mr McQueen :D ), his right hand, Sarah Burton is continuing his legacy and now she's the one who'll be designing for the upcoming seasons. With this Resort 2011 line, I've observed that there's still 'McQueen' in every design but there's something different about it , at the same time. I think that Ms. Burton put her own vision at the same time keeping what makes the line McQueen. With that, I believe that she really is the right person to replace him. And I'm now looking forward to what she has in store for us. Anyhow, here's some of excerpts that I got from style.com of the collection.



This made me think of McQueen's Corporate Chic look.

The lace detail , as I can call it peep out, makes the dress look interesting.

The leather skirt looks phenomenal.

This evening gown really reminds me of Maria Clara costume of the Philippines and at the same time Japanese because of the obi belt.

The shoes are amazing and the coat looks cool.

This is so feminine and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment